Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs...since the payment is pure love." ~ Mildred B. Vermont

This Mother's Day was special for so many reasons. First of all I got to celebrate being the mother of two beautiful little girls. They are the light of my life and make my days brighter!



Daddy and the girls surprised me with some extra rest this morning, and then I woke up to a flower and a vanilla latte.


We all got ready for church, which was extra special today, because we dedicated our sweet Emerson in front of our church family. It was 2 years ago on Mother's Day that we did the same with Ella Grace. What a blessing! (More pics on that to come later!)




Ella's SS class made special Mother's Day gifts, and I have to say that it made me tear up. My first handmade gift from Ella...
(The flower was made with her little finger tips. Precious.)


After church we had lunch as a family, and then I met my mom and sisters for a fun day at the Swiss Avenue Home Tour. Can I just say that those homes are AMAZING! I loved hearing the stories and history behind them. If walls could talk...! We ended the day with a yummy dinner at Penne Pomodora in Lakewood. Mmmm...bruschetta! It was so nice to have a relaxing girls day with my favorite women and mothers. :)

Happy Mother's Day to our wonderful mothers and grandmother! Thank you for all that you have done and for making us the parents that we are today. We love you!!!

Honey...


Moni...


And my Nanny...


3 comments:

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

I LOVE this post!!!!!!!! The girls look so sweet in their Sunday outfits! And as usual I just want to snatch Emmy out of the picture to smooch on her!

Is the tour the one that's over by Greenville?? When we went on Saturday they were giving tours in those homes...looked SO fabulous!

The Barner Bunch said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Amanda! You're such a wonderful mommy and I love the sweet pictures of the girls. They're beautiful.

SheriMc said...

i Love the one where Ella's hand is on Emerson's head and Em looks so content blowing her bubbles! PRECIOUS BABIES!